I must say, Greek yogurt is THE BEST YOGURT IN THE WORLD. The texture is brilliantly thick, and it is quite versatile! Dips, sauces, and even desserts! It never loses it’s charm. However, there are a couple things you need to keep in mind in order to end up with a successful recipe.
What not to do:
- When I tried making a greek yogurt frosting to top my greek yogurt cupcakes, I thought it would be okay to mix the yogurt just a little bit in order to combine some powdered sugar into the yogurt. However, the mixture turned very liquid. and I could no longer pipe it
What to do:
- Take huge chunks of yogurt right from the container and place it directly into the piping bag. This way, the yogurt will still be firm when you pipe it through your piping tip.
This is where the many uses of greek yogurt comes in.
1. Dips: You can use it as a dip for your favourite fruits
2. Sauces/Dressings: Drizzle it over your vegetable or fruit salad
3. FROYO POPS!: Just pour it into an ice cube container and stick it in the freezer for 20 minutes. Take it out and then put mini sticks in them. Place it back into the freezer, and it should be all ready in 30 minutes!
*OPTIONAL: You can also mix in your favourite dried fruit so that the pops have a bit of texture within them